Monday, January 9, 2012

Where do the healthy ones hangout?

To avoid falling into old traps I wanted to try something different.  After some pondering of what is a healthy activities that I like to do.  I thought of swimming or surfing from my days in Hawaii or snowboarding from my trips to Colorado.  These are just not logical for Houston.   After some more contemplation it dawned on me that all I really do in Houston is sit in front of the computer reading, and enjoy the amazing food scene here.  This is a recipe for disaster!  What could I throw in the mix to spice up life for this new me?  Hrmm? I always like buying random things at a farmers market on my travels/ trying the new foods.  Maybe I should find one in Houston.  So I talked my boyfriend into going!  I had such high hopes, fresh made multi grain bread, all kinds of hippie home made foods, fruits and veggies galore! But this was not the case :( I think every stand had lettuce and tomatoes.  Really?  That's hardly worth getting out of bed for.  Don't get me wrong, I love tomatoes, but my fridge is full of them.   The food stands were all Mexican, which is delicious, but I think Mexican food played a major role in getting me into this mess!  I tried to escape the smell of the enchiladas or tamales, whatever they were.  My escape route had one major flaw... it drove me right into the arms of an organic chocolate venue.  With one glance Mr. Chocolate knew he had me.  He offered me a sliver of dark chocolate flavored with coffee.  Are you kidding me dark chocolate and coffee? It's like me made it especially for me!  My brain was screaming NOOOO but of course I accepted the offer with a smile.  Hands down, it was the best chocolate I've every had, and I'm  a chocolate snob!  It beat Godiva, any chocolate I had in Switzerland or Germany.  We bought 3 boxes.  ughhh so in my tries for other healthy activities I ended up with 3 boxes of chocolate.   New ideas are needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment