Saturday, January 7, 2012

Unforeseen Hurdles

So I thought my social support system would be just that... support! Once again, wrong!

My best friend is going through some issues, totaled car, redrafting her thesis, and we didn't see each other for like 5 days so we needed to catch up! So I went car shopping and it just wasn't enough time to catch up so I suggested going to the gym and hitting the treadmill, but she really needed a beer.  I tried so hard to ignore the beckoning call of my foamy golden love, but my efforts were in vein, before I knew it a magical liter was at home in my hand.  Day 1... epic fail!


Day 2 was going great, thinking people were on my side... that is at least until I went to bed.  My boyfriend insisted on playing with his i pad filling the room with an eerie blue glow and random taps similar to Chinese water torture.  I convinced him to put it down, just when I thought we could finally sleep he decides he isn't tired and steals my pillow.  After about an hour of pure torture I finally fell asleep, but awoke more stressed out then when I fell asleep.  I'm chalking that up to my pre-slumber annoyance.

Day 3 once again awoke annoyed, but my to do list was pretty long so I got out of bed and started to tackle it, the day was going pretty healthy until the phone rang... It was an invite to and Indian food buffet...  my arch nemesis! oh the deliciousness of curry, words I can't spell, and naan!  All the spicy goodness I so love washed down with a gallon of Pepsi!  I wasn't even hungry, but the mere thought and my stomach was over-joyed to make room.  I realized what was happening and dishearteningly rejected the invitation.  Once the phone was hung up I realized what I did! Whooooo! I had will power, even for a brief moment.  I had an apple for a snack and was happy!  My boyfriend had to run an errand so I went with him.  Just when I thought I could handle being with people he pulled into a bakery he's been wanting to try.  Omg it smelt heavenly! A wonderful sweet aroma greeted us in the parking lot and hurried us inside.  I resisted the cupcakes and the cookies even though they were singing siren  songs.  I  was staying out of it, like the cowardly lion watching a fight until my sweetest cord was struck.  Death by Chocolate.  Chocolate layered upon chocolate layered upon chocolate... this was heaven and my boyfriend showed his red devil horns and layed the temptation on as thick as the cupcake was frosted.  I caved. Once again my so called support system was my downfall... I need to devise a better plan to survive these my adipose and poor sleep habbit supporters!

No comments:

Post a Comment